Test sessions are held at 5:30 pm on the third Wednesday of every month. They are held at the St George Community Building, 245 N. 200 West, St George UT. The Community building is a one-story building on the west side of the south parking lot for the St George Senior Center (it is not in the Senior Center building). Pre-registration is not required for any of the St. George test sessions. +
Here is a map of this testing location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/StE9zjTqeLbgd3Qz6
Test sessions are also held on the second Saturday of even-numbered months at the Hurricane City Branch Library in the Community Room, at 2 p.m.
Here is a map of this testing location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/j72qZtpC26zRjKnWA
Pre-registration is REQUIRED for any of the Hurricane, Utah test sessions. You must call V.E. team Liaison Gary Zabriskie, N7ARE, at 435-485-3200 or e-mail him at email@example.com and inform him at least 5 days prior to the exam that you will be coming to the Saturday session in Hurricane. If you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE to go to the ARRL-VEC website to search for the nearest test session to your location. You may choose either by state, i.e., Utah, or Zip Code.
What to bring to your test session:
1. If you intend to take the exam for the Technician class license, you must register for and receive an "FRN number" from the FCC before you come to the test session. It is done online and you will receive your FRN number immediately. You must bring the FRN number in order to take the exam. You cannot take the exam without an FRN number.
Read the following document for information about the FRN number: FCC registration Information
See the following web page for more information about the test process: http://www.arrl.org/getting-licensed
Use the following web page to apply for your FRN number: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do
2. If you are upgrading, you must bring a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license that you will leave with the examiner team. Bring a photocopy!
3. A current government issued photo identification.
4. Youth applicants for an exam who are minors under driving age, must provide a valid school ID (with photo) or provide a birth certificate. They must also have a parent or legal guardian in attendance at the time of registration for the exam.
5. Your original valid "Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE)" if you are claiming credit for an element previously earned.
6. You can bring a "simple" calculator. You may not use an IPhone or Android (or similar smartphone, etc.) for a calculator. We will provide a loaner 4 function calculator to anyone who desires to use a calculator during the exam.
7. You must bring a personal check or a money order in the amount of $15.00 payable to "ARRL-VEC", or alternatively, you may bring $15.00 cash to the test session. If bringing cash bring the exact amount.
See the following document for everything you need to know to take an exam: Exam Informatio
Members of the Dixie Amateur Radio Club who are ARRL-VEC accredited Volunteer Examiners conduct seventeen (17) scheduled Amateur Radio test sessions, each year, here in southwestern Utah.
Every single session is available for any "walk-in" applicant. We pride ourselves in not requiring pre-registration to take an examination. Registration in the FCC's ULS system to obtain an FRN number is required as per the requirements of the ARRL-VEC.
If you would like to become a member of our dedicated VE team, email us at VE@dixieham.org Please thank each of these volunteers when you see them. They all devote a considerable amount of time and effort to help serve the needs of the Amateur Radio community.
Click HERE to see the current list of volunteer examiners.
The Virgin Valley Amateur Radio Club (VVARC) will be holding their, or at least my, first ARRL VE Exam Session on 6 January 2024 at 1:00 PM Pacific Time at the Mesquite Works STEAM Center.
Since this will be my first time conducting an exam session we will have limited Amateur Extra, General, and Technician exams. But certainly enough to accept walk-ins if you have some club members looking to take an exam.
Please have them contact me at email@example.com for any additional information.
I’d be thankful if you spread the word to your club members.
Butch Turner, KAØWWT
VVARC Website Link: https://vvarc.net/concrete/index.php/training-page
Dixie Amateur Radio Club, PO Box 2196, St George, UT 84771-2196
We need your consent to load the translations
We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to view the translations.