Test sessions are held starting at 5:30 pm on the third Wednesday of every month. They are held at the St George Community Building, 245 N. 200 West, St George UT. The Community building is a one-story building on the west side of the south parking lot for the St George Senior Center (it is not in the Senior Center building).
Test sessions are also held on the second Saturday of even-numbered months at the Hurricane City Branch Library in the Community Room, starting at 2 pm.
Preregistration is not required. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to bring to your test session:
1. If you intend to take the exam for the Technician class license, you must register for and receive an "FRN number" from the FCC before you come to the test session. It is done online and you will receive your FRN number immediately. You must bring the FRN number in order to take the exam. You cannot take the exam without an FRN number.
Read the following document for information about the FRN number: FCC registration Information
See the following web page for more information about the test process: http://www.arrl.org/getting-licensed
Use the following web page to apply for your FRN number: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do
2. If you are upgrading, you must bring a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license that you will leave with the examiner team. Bring a photocopy!
3. A current government issued photo identification.
4. Youth applicants for an exam who are minors under driving age, must provide a valid school ID (with photo) or provide a birth certificate. They must also have a parent or legal guardian in attendance at the time of registration for the exam.
5. Your original valid "Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE)" if you are claiming credit for an element previously earned.
6. You can bring a "simple" calculator. You may not use an IPhone or Android (or similar smartphone, etc.) for a calculator. We will provide a loaner 4 function calculator to anyone who desires to use a calculator during the exam.
7. You must bring a personal check or a money order in the amount of $15.00 payable to "ARRL-VEC", or alternatively, you may bring $15.00 cash to the test session. If bringing cash bring the exact amount.
See the following document for everything you need to know to take an exam: Exam Information
Members of the Dixie Amateur Radio Club who are ARRL-VEC certified Volunteer Examiners conduct seventeen (17) scheduled Amateur Radio test sessions, each year, here in southwestern Utah.
Every single session is available for any "walk-in" applicant. We pride ourselves in not requiring pre-registration to take an examination. Registration in the FCC's ULS system to obtain an FRN number is required as per the requirements of the ARRL-VEC.
If you would like to become a member of our dedicated VE team, email us at VE@dixieham.org
Please thank each of these volunteers when you see them. They all devote a considerable amount of time and effort to help serve the needs of the Amateur Radio community.
Click HERE to see the current list of volunteer examiners.
Dixie Amateur Radio Club, PO Box 2196, St George, UT 84771-2196